History of Lincoln Lutheran Church
The ground work of Lincoln congregation was laid by
Lutheran missionaries, who served the prairie in the mid-1800's.
Services were first held in a home, and later in the
District #1 Schoolhouse. In 1889, the Lincoln congregation decided to construct
its own house of worship. It was built of brick. A later addition, also of
brick, was built in 1928.
In June, 1954, a fire burned the church to the ground.
In September, 1954, the congregation decided to rebuild. The new building was
ready for worship in December, 1954. This church was built by with a great
amount of volunteer labor by the congregation.
A steeple was erected in 1997. Again, many hours of
volunteer labor, provided by the congregation, helped to complete this
In 2004, windows were installed on the east side of the
An addition was started in 2004, and in 2005, beautiful
stained glass windows were added.